How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies at Home
A chocolate chip cookie is that cookie which was introduced in the USA. These cookies contain chocolate chips as an essential ingredient. In the traditional chocolate chip cookies, butter and sugar are mixed to make a dough.
After making the dough, chocolate chips are added to the dough. However, there are different recipes through which you can create delicious chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies were first made by an American chef named Sue Brides along with Ruth Graves Wakefield. She made these cookies in the year of 1938. They made these cookies when they owned a famous restaurant called Toll House Inn.
It was located in Whitman. It was one of those restaurants in which home cooking was featured. One day when both these chefs were making cookies than they accidentally added chocolate chips to the dough.
They thought that chocolate chips would melt, but they didn’t. On the same day, they served these cookies with ice cream, and people just loved these cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies for Occasions
There are different occasions on which these cookies are mostly used. These cookies are quite delicious because of which people love to have them on occasions and events. The occasions on which they are important to be used are:
• Birthday bash
• Valentine’s Day
How to make chocolate chip cookies at home
Many chefs have now introduced different methods to make chocolate chip cookies. However, we have explained below the easiest method to make chocolate chip cookies at home.
Have a look:
Ingredients You Need
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
• Two large eggs
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks
• 1 teaspoon fine salt
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• You first have to put two racks in the center of the oven and then preheat them up to 375 degrees F.
• You have to lineup two baking sheets with the silicone sheets and parchment paper.
• Put butter into the bowl which is safe to be used in the microwave. Cover the butter properly and then melt it in the microwave.
• Let it cools a bit.
• Now you have to whisk the eggs, melted butter, sugar as well as vanilla in a big bowl. Whisk the mixture until it gets smooth.
• Now you have to whisk baking soda, flour, and salt in the other bowl. You have to mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones by using a spoon of wood. But do not over mix the entire mixture.
• You have to add chocolate chips to this mixture.
• Now it is time to scoop up the heaping tbsp of dough on the heated pans.
• You should wet your hands first and then roll the dough into the balls.
• You have to give about 2 inches of space between the cookies on the pans.
• Put the pans into the oven and bake the dough for 12 to 17 minutes. However, you can keep making them crunchy or chewy according to your will.
• Now take out the pans and put the hot cookies on the rack to let them cool.
• You can store these cookies in a sealed box for maximum one week.
Ways to Decorate These Cookies
You can do outlining as well as flooding on the chocolate chip cookies to adorn them. However, you have to use the same method to outline or flood each cookie.
When you are going to describe the cookies by royal icing, then you have to put the tip of the piping bag near the cookie and then squeeze it gently to put the icing on it. You have to let the icing touch the chocolate chip cookie and start to lift the tip aside from the cookie while ongoing to add a little bit of pressure. If you would not keep the tip of the piping bag near the cookie, then your cookie will get the wiggly design.
Chocolate chip cookies are famous and loved by all. You should keep these boxes into the cookies so that they stay fresh for a long time. If you want to get boxes, then you can easily get boxes of chocolates wholesale by thecustomboxes.com.
Maak jouw eigen website met JouwWeb